Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Feingold Reelection Ad Wins Award

No big news, but this was just an interesting tidbit I found on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's website under the heading "Awards in Business:

Communication
Eichenbaum/Associates' commercial "Morph" for U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) won top honors in the television category at the 2005 Pollie Awards.

I just think that's good news because, as much as we may wish it didn't, advertising plays a major role in politics, and clever ads have been important to progressive triumphs like the election and reelection of Senator Feingold and the late Paul Wellstone.

You can watch-or if your computer is horribly old and slow like mine, read transcripts of-the "Morph" ad, as well as all the rest of Senator Feingold's 2004 ads, and a few older ones, here at his reelection website.

I'm sure that'll be entertaining and educational for those of you with good computers!

|

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger frailamerica said...

I always liked the "tough questions" ad. One of the first things i would tell people when talking about the Senator was how good his campaign commercials were.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Dan K. said...

I read through a couple of the transcripts, and I agree: "Tough Questions" was really funny. I also really enjoyed the "Honor Roll" one with his daughter, Ellen; most ads featuring a politican's family are corny, but that one made me laugh.

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Enron 2012 said...

Greaat post thankyou

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?