Friday, February 04, 2005

Great Feingold Article from the Journal-Sentinel

A new article from the Journal-Sentinel came out today in which Senator Feingold talks at length about his current plans and the possibility of him as a 2008 presidential candidate. Check it out here. One of the more interesting details:

Feingold is in the process of setting up what is known as a leadership PAC, or political action committee, a common vehicle for potential national candidates to make campaign donations and fund travel.

In the aftermath of his re-election, he has maintained a campaign staff of five in Wisconsin, including two fund-raisers. He ended 2004 with about $460,000 left over in campaign money.
So, in case you couldn't already tell...he's definitely serious about it.

This article's been commented on at a number of sites already, I can't think of much new to say now. But I think that Ficus (that's Chuck, right?) over at the official draftruss.org blog said it best (Chuck's comments are in bold):


"If at some point people say, 'Hey, we think you ought to run for president' (and) it's a serious thing, I'm going to listen. I would only run if I honestly believed that I was the guy that really could win, that I was the person who was the best candidate to run," said Feingold, who sat down Wednesday at a reporter's request to talk about the Democratic Party and the 2008 presidential contest.

We are the "some people" he is talking about. You are the "some people" he's talking about. Please send him a letter of encouragement, or get ahold of us. It's 2005, but we're building a movement here.
Yep; he's looking for encouragement-let's give it to him!

I haven't written a letter yet, but I'll work on it this weekend and post it on the blog when it's done.


|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?